Saturday, July 05, 2008

A Lawyer, A Minister, and a Gay Man walk into a bar...



Where the Hell is Matt? (2008) is the name of this video... but I found it from a friend posting it - after an interesting weekend myself. Literally, my friend Jordon - a lawyer, her friend Nathan - a manager at a restaurant who happens to be gay, and me - a minister, walk into a bar.... ok - so there isn't a punch line... but the point? We walked into the bar... and danced until we had blisters on our feet. I've never had more fun just being myself and having fun with truly great friends... In the end - this video - and the man who was 'cast' to create it have honestly tapped into some truth. Don't we all just want to dance. Don't we all just want to have fun and SMILE? Dancing... dancing is amazing. What an amazing way to express yourself - express every emotion - express the truth that we are all indeed the same - we are all creatures - children - created and loved - or that we all should be loved. I hate that people tell others they are less than a person or less than a child of God because they are trying to live as who they know they are to be, as who they were created. I loathe people that take advantage of others in order to make themselves feel better. I insanely dislike those who pretend they are not vulnerable, feeling, yearning human beings just like me and you. I don't understand people who 'medicate' themselves in order to prevent feeling emotion - or in order to avoid life. ("Medicating" could mean anything 'we' do to avoid life, avoid living life - actual medication, less than legal substances, addictions to anything really) I know there are times in life that can be overwhelming - I'm not judging those who are struggling with truly difficult situations - rather questioning those who "live" life without any passion - without any drive - without all the ups and downs of life. Why are we living if we aren't experiencing everything we can - everything we've been offered to live? I'm not suggesting NOT living - I'm suggesting we embrace life - embrace difficulty - embrace pain - embrace loss - embrace joy - embrace love - and embrace dancing. I find hope in this video - that we are all truly the same. No matter our ethnicities - no matter our countries of origin - no matter our race, age, color, sexual orientation, gender, occupation, economic status, or ANYTHING - we are all amazing creatures - who can bring joy and pain to others. I only hope we all strive to bring joy.

Love. Laugh. Live. A Lot. :)

No comments: